The Junior Race Team is a group for committed skiers who will attend regularly three times per week during the snow season. The Junior Race Team begins dry land sessions in September. Snow sessions will be on Saturday mornings at 10:30, and Monday and Thursday evenings.
This group is intended for proficient skiers who are looking for technique development as well as challenging training. This group can serve as a stepping stone to the club race team. To ensure skiers are at an appropriate level for the group, admission to this group is by invitation.
Progression into this program requires approval from the Head Coach.
Athletes must be at least 11 years of age.
- Junior Race Team Registration: $380
- RRN General Membership
- Windsor Park Trail Pass
- Manitoba Parks Pass
- Monday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Location dependent on season)
- Wednesday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Location dependent on season)
- Saturday: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm (Location dependent on season)
- Windsor Park Nordic Centre
- Birds Hill Provincial Park
- Westview Park
- Albrin Lake Park
- 1 set of skate and classic skis, boots, poles
- At least 1 set of dedicated skate and classic race skis
- Skate roller skis + helmet
- HR monitor
- Hill striding poles
All Junior Race Team coaches are NCCP Competition Introduction certified or higher. Current program coaches are Chris Roe, Kenton Frith, and Laurie Penton.
Have questions or need more information? Don’t hesitate to contact our coaching staff.