All RRN Biathlon Programs are run in conjunction with X-Country programs. Most physical training is delivered through X-Country programs, while the Biathlon Programs deliver shooting training. The minimum required X-Country team placement for the Learn to Compete (LC) Program is the RRN Race Team.
The LC Biathlon Program is for athletes graduating from the Train to Train program. This program is structured for athletes to compete at a competitive level at national venues, and who are dedicated to do individual training. This program focuses on biathlon specific drills, combination training, and intensity shooting. Athletes will learn to design and maintain their own training plans.
Rifle ownership is mandatory through either the Biathlon Manitoba Rifle Rental Program or personal ownership. Parents of athletes under the age of 18 must possess a Possession and Acquisition Licence. Athletes under the age of 18 must possess a valid Minor’s Possession and Acquisition Licence.
Progression into this program requires approval from a RRN Biathlon Coach.
Athletes must be at least 14 years of age.
- LC Program Registration: TBD
- RRN General Membership
- Windsor Park Trail Pass
- Manitoba Parks Pass
The LC Program is active from May 1 to March 31.
- Monday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Race Team Workout)
- Tuesday: 6:30 – 7:30 pm (Gateway Gun Club)
- Tuesday: 8:00 – 9:30 pm (Strength & Conditioning)
- Wednesday: 6:30 – 8:00 pm (Race Team Workout)
- Thursday: 8:00 – 9:30 pm (Strength & Conditioning)
- Friday: 6:30 – 7:30 pm (Gateway Gun Club)
- Saturday: 10:30 am – 12:00 pm (Race Team Workout)
- Gateway Gun Club
- Falcon Ridge Ski Resort
- Windsor Park Nordic Centre
- Sport For Life Centre
- Birds Hill Provincial Park
- Westview Park
- Albrin Lake Park
- Ammunition (~5000 rounds)
- Adequate shooting gloves
- 1 set of skate and classic skis, boots, poles
- At least 1 set of dedicated skate and classic race skis
- Skate roller skis + helmet
- HR monitor
- Hill striding poles
All LC Program coaches are NCCP Competition Introduction certified or higher. Current program coaches are Liam Pelletier, and Mark Naylor.
Have questions or need more information? Don’t hesitate to contact our coaching staff.